The Population Genomics Program at McMaster University is hosting a virtual research poster competition for learners conducting research in the field of Genomics. Winners will be announced at the upcoming ‘OMICS and Epidemiology Conference hosted via Zoom (May 27 & 28, 2021).
Whether you are an undergraduate, graduate, fellow, or resident conducting research in ‘OMICS, we want to hear from you! The presentation of research through a poster is one of the many ways in which you can enrich your academic experience. For more details, download the Call for Abstracts PDF.
How to Participate
All interested poster presenters must submit an abstract. The abstract should describe original research and should be no more than 450 words. Please do not use tables, charts, or graphs in your abstract submission.
Submit your abstract to Laura Garrick (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday, April 18, 2021 (extended from April 12). Applicants will receive a decision notification via email on or before Friday, April 23, 2021.
Prizes will be available for the following categories:
- 1st Prize: Certificate and $500
- 2nd Prize: Certificate and $400
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and $300
Important dates to remember:
- April 18, 2021: Abstract submission deadline (extended from April 12)
- April 23, 2021: Notifications of acceptance sent out
- May 10, 2021: Deadline for digital presentation submission